Wednesday 22 January 2014

Bye Buddy!


I totally don't know what to feel this morning when I left the house without my ever reliable milk expressing breast pump. I feel happy that finally I don't need to endure the tiring milk expressing session with my ever trusted manual pump during breaks, no need to "moment time", no interruption in between my work, no worrying about unfrozen ice-packs, no hassle of carrying the insulated bag and most of all I can now go home late without the worry that my freshly expressed milk getting spoiled.  So after 2 years, I can now go back to my daily routine, but I will surely miss my milking buddy, really served me well. 

So this is the feeling? Like all other working breast feeding mothers feel during the transition in weaning, bittersweet. But as I mentioned in my earlier post about weaning D, I already decided to do it with justifiable reasons. Although he's not yet completely weaned, we are getting there slowly. This week, he didn't ask for "dede" during daytime. Even if asked if he wanted "dede" or "milo" he will choose "milo", very good boy! he understood that he already turned 2 years old and as we agreed "no more dede na, milo nalang and juice". But he still nurse the whole night, so I decided to stop expressing milk in during work to reserve it during nighttime, no one drinks my expressed milk anyway. So this is it, baby D is now a little boy. hay... 

Dear Buddy, 

Thank you for making my breast feeding journey successful. You served me well, and as I bid goodbye to you now, hopefully we will be together with baby no.2! lol. You may not be as user friendly as others do, but you are the best buddy for me. You made our life easy by helping me provide D with the liquid gold even if we are in Davao, Baguio, Sofitel, Manila Hotel, Dipolog and Aklan. You are one of the accomplish why D grew-up healthy and active. Together we provided D with the best nourishment he needed. Thank you very much for helping me provide D the best thing that a mother can do, breastmilk. 

'Till we tandem again buddy, 

G, 

No comments:

Post a Comment