Friday 1 August 2014

My Eye Glasses from Paterno St. in Quiapo

Since college, I was prescribed to wear eye glasses, but the pasaway in me always get away with wearing one. I had different glasses before, even contact lenses only to wear them not longer than 2 weeks. Hindi talaga kasi ako sanay, and I don't really feel the need to wear one, until last July with frequent migraines and itchy-dry eyes. I really need one. 

So the search for a comfortable, stylish and  yet reasonable priced eye glasses begun. A friend and officemate told me about Paterno street in Quiapo and I quote  her "Sa Quiapo, madami dun, makakapili ka and mura pa!". 

I am working in Manila for more than 6 years now, but I still don't know how to go to Quiapo alone. Hindi ko alam bakit haha so I tried to look at possible ways. 

1. If you are from North or Quezon City, you may take UV express, Jeepneys to Quiapo and alight at Chowking just before the Quiapo Church, and thats the Paterno Street na!

2. You can also take LRT line 1, Paterno street is just walking distance from the Carriedo Station. 

3. If you have friends na alam pumunta Quiapo, pasama ka nalang!

And since I have a very supportive husband, sinamahan nalang ako ni daddy R, who surveyed the street before bringing me there. 

As daddy R said, "Masusuya ka sa dami ng salamin dun!" and the Paterno Street didn't disappoint me. The whole street is lined with different shops with thousands of styles you can choose from. Not the tiangge style that my parents and I envisioned. Nakakatuwa magsukat-sukat, just make sure din to tag-along someone para may kasama ka pumili, because if not, hindi ka na makaka-alis dun lol. 

Frames ranges from as low as P450 to P7,000 depending on the style you will choose. Some offered free lenses with the frames, some as separate and may require additional fee for specialized lenses. Eye examination is also free if you will purchase the glasses with them. As for my case, I had my prescription with me, so I gave it to them and waited 30-45 minutes for my eye glasses to be done.  

Wide selection of eye glasses. Nakakasuya talaga! lol

After shop hopping, I settled with this blue frame worth P800 including the lenses. I just added P200 to make the lenses multi-coated for computer exposures.



Super sulit for me. I got compliments with the glasses, and what I love most is that super comfortable to wear, even in my budget!

G, 

2 comments:

  1. Hello ma'am,
    May I know the name of the optical shop where you get your eyeglasses?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I forgot the name, but there are lots of shops that you can visit.

      Delete