Tuesday 10 September 2013

Sweet Travels: Ati-Atihan Festival Hostel, Kalibo Aklan

One of the best beach in the world is Boracay. The sun, sand and scenery is the best. We all know that Boracay is located at Kalibo, Aklan and put to much emphasis on the beach itself that we fail to see that the whole province of Kalibo has so much in store for us. So the opportunity of work and travel in Kalibo is something that I look forward to this September. 

And someone wants to come. Hay #workingmomblues. But he's so cute, when I was packing my things, pinagkakasya din niya sarili niya sa bag ko.


We stayed and conducted the seminar at Ati-Ahihan Festival Hostel in the heart of Kalibo, Aklan. I love that everything is near in the hotel. We went to the market ng naglalakad lang! The hotel staffs are also friendly and accommodating. They serve good food and they also owned Bread&Butter bread house so may instant pasalubong center na din!


Posted at their lobby is the humble and inspirational beginings of the grandfather of the owner. 


And as the hotel named. There are lots of ati-atihan mask in the area. 


Colorful. I just missed to take a picture inside. #shyblogger lang. 


Lovely chadelier at the second floor where rooms are located. 


Facade at the second floor. Very homey ang peg. 

The hotel is just 2 years old. It used to be a bookstore, then renovated into a hotel and conference center. It's nice to know that there  are budding hotels in Kalibo where you can have conferences aside from Boracay. Read: Lahat ng participants nasa venue lang kasi walang beach. 

Lemme tour you to their room. 

mini dinning. 



Dresser. I love the flowers. 

Fresh and Clean CR with seperate shower area. 

Comfy bed. 

And what's a travelling momma without my  breastfeeding/expressing gears?

Insulated Bag. This can fit 8-16 bags of milk, and still fresh and chilled until I got home. 
Tip: I don't freeze my milk during local trips, usually 6-8days naman ang milk refrigirated lang. And freshly expressed milk is much better than frozen ones. 

So I just used icepacks to transport my fresh milks. The coldness usually last 4-7 hours.
So land travel to airport=1hour
waiting at the airport=2hours
plane travel=1 hour
travel from airport to home=2hours

Un lang, I keep on praying so flights will be on time.


My pumping gear. 

Sealed in airtight container. 

Milk bags. 

Pumps' spare parts. 
I learned my lesson na, its so hassle when you are in a trip then suddenly your pump bagged down. So painful and panira din ng plans. 

Yun lang, since the hotel is relatively new, the rooms are not provided with refrigirators yet. But the staffs are accommodating naman, and they offered kitchen ref to store my BM's, but the OC in me opted to throw my GoldMilk nalang.


 
Inside the room, they have the recommended places in Kalibo that you may visit. It's just unfortunate that our event ends at 5:30pm so there is not much time to roam around. And the establishments in the city proper closes at 5pm. Parang office hours lang!


But, But! We had a chance to see their plaza.
I told our coordinator nga, that this what I miss, and I'm dreaming that baby D will have a place to go to like this, hindi puro malls. A place where baby D can run and run and play free. #dreamingforabetterenvironemnt

We also visited their church. 

Huge and beautiful church. I made my wish. 

During my 2days stay in Kalibo Aklan, I feel that the province has much more to offer other than the Boracay beach. Maybe the local government or the private sector in the province can propose city tours in Kalibo before heading to Boracay, hindi yung dinadaanan lang ang Kalibo going to Boracay. The city has much more to offer. The environment, people, delicacies and historical places are worth visiting. 



All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment