Monday 20 January 2014

D's Pocoyo Party (2nd Birthday)

Where did time go? I have now a toddler (officially). Last saturday, D turned 2 years old and broke 2 drinking glasses, spilled 2 pitchers of juice and had a countless bruises, OMG! what else?! But, but, those things cannot match the happiness that D brought to our family. On both side of the family, he's the ultimate favorite, because he's youngest and he's into the stage of always pasikat! haha aliw lahat!

So there..., we celebrated D's birthday with the whole family and D's barkada (yes! mayroon na!). The theme is POCOYO since D loved the gang so much! I just had a hard time since pocoyo themed party needs/supplies are very limited in the market. But I took the challenge. And in my own assessment, Baby D is so happy with the party!

I have a lot of plans for the DIY Pocoyo Party, but the stress that I had during the week before the party and the upcoming exam dates, I had enough stress and settled for few DIY's.  'Di bale baby D, mommy will make it up to you next month, birthday mo ulet! lol

Anyways, we started D's birthday celebration by a tradition that I want to have every morning with D and our future kids.

Blowing of cake and candles first thing in the morning. 
R and I sang birthday song, while D is clapping and blew his candle, btw, this is a second take na, got so excited and forgot to video the first time. 

And opening of gifts! 
We got him 4 books. I want to develop his love for reading na. 

So after the traditions (my pauso!). D run and enjoyed the rest of the day. 
Its his birthday anyway. And he has a license na as toddler! whew! goodluck to us!



Baby D's first outfit of the birthday boy! 
R is teasing me, pwede na daw isabit si D sa flagpole!

D was so excited and happy to play, so ayan hindi nakikipag-cooperate sa pictures!

My first DIY. D's cake. 
Cake: Large Chocolate Dedication Cake from Red Ribbon
Candle: Liwanag Candle
Topper: Pocoyo and Friends from Toy Kingdom 
Banner : Printed only (sorry the BBQ stick sucks, I will do better next time)
But in fairness, D liked the cake. I also DIY his first bday cake, and planning to do it yearly na. 

And the so eager ever bday boy can't wait ti get hold of the cake topper. 

D enjoying the party. Gulong kung gulong!

DIY wall. 


Gift tag. 

Party Loots c/o DIVI. I bought generic bags nalang, since I cannot find Pocoyo stuffs at divi.

Our only family picture. D's so malikot at ayaw makisama. 

He blew his own cake candle! praktisado yan! lol

The menu: 
Spaghetti, Lumpiang Shanghai, Chicken Joy, Hotdog on sticks, Biko and Puto pangasinan c/o D's lolo and lola, fruit salad, cake and chico. 

The grannies. 

Look! He's so grown up na!

D enjoying his b-day food. 

The kids enjoyed the pabitin. We also DIY it. 


I need to carry D, kundi madadaganan siya! Siya kasi pinakamaliit, yet nakikigulo!


Famila E. 

Happy birthday my Love! you will always be mommy's baby D!

No comments:

Post a Comment