Wednesday 18 February 2015

Overnight Oats

This year, I planned on eating healthy. Instead of starving myself and enroll on a gym I look forward into planning my meals wisely. And that plan remained as "only plans" for the rest of January. Haha super bright right?!

Okay, I admit it! Although I really wanted to get back into my pre-mommy shape, I didn't took it seriously because R will always tell me that its okay if I get fat, or other people my friends will tell me "Hindi ka naman mataba!" and Inang usually tell me "Mas gumanda ka nga ngaun na nagkalaman ka! mas maganda ka ngaun!"  Until one day, someone ask me "Buntis ka ba?" OMG! and then the next day someone asked me again "Buntis ka na ba?" haha OMG na talaga! hindi pa noh!

So thats the time I realized I maybe really be getting fat or my tummy is really getting big. And I need to do something about it. 

So I went back on my plans, and started eating healthy. I cannot tell you if its effective yet, because I did a lot of cheat meals days during valentines day weekend, but I can assure you guys that eating healthy doesn't need to be starving yourself and eating only "leaves" or bland foods. So now I settle with my own diet/healthy breaky and dinner. My Overnight Oats ala Mommy Sweetie

I did a lot experimenting on this, because Mr. Google offers a lot of different recipes and versions. I want something that I effortless to do, all ingredients available at the nearby market and of course affordable. 


My Ingredients; 

1. Rolled Oats. - you can also use the instant ones but it gets dissolved in the overnight soaking.
2. Milk - any kind of milk will do,but have it low-fat of course.  Others use yogurts too. I tried the regular flavored and it will do. I am looking for greek yogurts pa, it will be more creamy daw.
3. Fruits - any kind will do. I often use apple and banana and strawberries if R came from work.
4. Chia Seeds - The mighty seeds. I am using it because I still have leftovers from our trip to Baguio organic market a year ago. But you can get it from healthy options. It provides protein, but it can be omitted too.

Then mix everything in a bowl or jar. Put in the fridge overnight. And enjoy it the next morning. 


I am now on my second week of doing this, I hope to do some biking and running this weekend. Well, I hope I can continue with this lifestyle. Wish me luck! 

What is your mommy diet strategies to loose belly fats? share away!

G, 

1 comment: