Friday 4 April 2014

D's Midnight Snack

Since D is a breastfeed baby, from Day1 until now that he's 26 month, he still feeds at night. Yes, we co-sleep and one of the benefits of breastfeeding and co-sleeping that I usually boast with my friends is that hindi ako napupuyat gumising sa gabi! I don't need to get up in bed just to make milk, well aside from nights na may sakit si baby D. Nursing D made me relaxed and also comforts him at night. So, sarap ng tulog namin, hehe. 

But since his 2nd birthday that I decided to wean him slowly, that I stopped expressing milk during workdays, and following the law of demand and supply, I know after 3 months my milk supply is slowly dwindle, so malapit na maubos. 

Thus, for the last two nights ganito and eksena while sarap ng tulog ko.... 

D: mommy, owenge (mommy orange juice)
Me: deadma (I thought he's just sleep talking again)
D: mommy, owenge (in a louder voice)
Me: sleep muna baby, 
D: (cries loud!)
Me: (no choice but to get up and get orange juice)

And he even ask for Yakult. PG lang ang peg ng anak ko?! e 2AM pa lang?


After D finished his juice and yakult, he went to me and said "Vely gud mommy, Lab you" and hugged me tight. My heart melted and I felt a little guilt since i got irritated at first, imagine?! waking up at the wee hours just to get a juice?! But, yes a power hug will make-up for that. 

2 comments:

  1. I so envy you Mommy Sweetie dahil you were able to breast feed Baby D for soooo long. I hope I was able to give my Baby the same =( Makes me sad kapag naaalala ko.
    Anyway, so heart whelming talaga kapag they give you hugs diba? My babay's turning 6mos this month, for now he doesnt know how to hug me yet so ako na lang ang nagha hug sa kanya. for sure he owes me so many hug diba Mommy? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by MommyAmbisyosa! breastfeeding is really a hard work, pero rewarding naman, and you can make-up with your baby in different ways naman db? Mabilis lang time, malapit ka na din bigyan ng "laway kiss" and hugs ng baby mo, sarap nun, hehe.

      Delete