Monday 1 July 2013

Sweet Travels: Work & Stay at Sofitel Philippine Plaza

Last week (Actually 2nd week of June, gahh! this post was long overdue), I had another opportunity to stay at Sofitel Philippine Plaza for my company's annual national convention. This is my second time to stay here and I must say nothings changed since 2010 until now. Well, aside from the renovation of Spiral (which was devastated by habagat). Nonetheless, it was a great stay. Let the pictures I took tell the story. 

The entrance centerpiece of the hotel never fails to amaze me. I like the simple yet elegant arrangement of white flowers (I don't know what it is). 

And the elecators. 

Sorry I have to capture this. Every guest need to insert their key card to get into their rooms, this give the guests the feeling of security. However, andaming naliligaw at nalilito na guest dito. lol

This is the bedroom of the regular room, triple sharing. 

The bathroom. Yes, no bathtub. 


Ready food. (Kaso may bayad). 




oh I love looking at the sunset! (good thing we had a nice view of the manila bay and the pool area)


And.. they have full stocked ref. 


There is a wedding by the bay, so we also witness the fireworks. (Lakas maka romantic feeling)

While at the lobby, they are dancing pandanggo sa ilaw. 


This is one of the conference rooms where we did our paperworks. 

The pool view. I love that they are very strict not allowing guest to swim during rainfalls and thunderstorms (baka daw kasi mabasa guests lol), no seriously its for the safety of the guests. 

And since swimming is not allowed, we went to their Spa, where use of sauna and jacuzzi are free to use for guests. And and sama talaga ng loob ko because I forgot my swimsuit. But nice the lounge ha? So relaxing. 


The new Spiral. 

The only reason I am excited about Sofitel is their breakfast. PG lang ang peg. They have selections of breakfast from english, japanese, filipino. Breakfast starts at 6:30-10:00 am and since we have a work to do, we went down early as in we are the early bird. 

I love the mini water falls at the center of the dinning area. So relaxing. Great view to start a busy day. 

My first day breakfast. Minipao, Siomai, Ham, Sausage, Fried Rice, Hash Brown and BACON. 

We also had Ham and cheese omellete. 

I love the detals of the cutlery. Shala. (and ang bigat)


I love it that they serve healthy drinks. This is pomelo etc. (sorry forgot the other ingridients). Un lang, it doesn't taste good. Bad combi for me. 

And the best discovery that I had, Blueberry Yogurt, Yum. Yum.

Nah, this is not from Sofitel, but an infamous delicacy from Iloilo. Yum.



 
And this is my second day breakfast. No Rice. 

 
Healthy Fruits for dessert. 


This is view from our veranda. Manila is scary during rainy season. Wahh. 



Washroom Shot. 
I love their public washroom, always clean and well maintained. 

What I really like about Sofitel is that they are breastfeeding friendly. This has been my dilema since I am an extended breastfeeding mother. My job requires me to travel from time to time and storage of my breastmilks are always an issue.


 
Fresh Milk anyone?! I so love my manual precious moments pump because I can express anywhere. For this stay, I just sneaked into our hotel room everytime I need to.


They also have a mini freezer for my milk storage. (I just put the pale pilsen for some humor, but the fridge is roomy). 


My Bfing gadgets.

And after checking out, you can leave the freshmilk at their conceirge. They are trained how to handle breastmilks. Kudos to them. 

Overall, I will give Sofitel 8 stars. Good Food, Good Service (well aside from a waitress na nstress na siguro sa dami ng delegates namin), Good Stay. 

Laters!



No comments:

Post a Comment