Friday 29 August 2014

Recipe for Motherhood


One time, while I was busy doing something in the kitchen and D is watching Hi-5, I heard him said "wag kayo maingay!, tulog na kami" to the kids in the TV, omg!

Then while we are having dinner, D said to his lolo "ayoko sayo! patay kita! lagay kita sa sako!" omg! again... 

While we are watching TV at the sala, he said to his lola "paliguan kita tubig!" and he did pour the water almost to his lola. OH MAY GULAY TALAGA! 

His teachers also mentioned that parang matanda na daw magsalita si D. What can we do? Oldies naman talaga kasama niya sa bahay?!

After these incidents, I am now contemplating, tama ba ang pagpapalaki namin kay D? I enrolled him in a playschool/toddler training camp so he can interact with other kids, but we don't see any progress. Instead he went home one day telling hi lola "Itatapon kita sa apoy!" promise nanlaki ang mata sa akin ni daddy R! And I am now asking myself, am I doing mothering right? If not, what will I do?

After bugling my mind some days, I identified some possible roots of the behavior and some solutions; 

1. PBO and other old movies that his lolo watches. D's mind is like a sponge that absorbs everything he hears so the Fenando Poe and Lito Lapid lines are the culprit! I already told papa about it, and hopefully, sumunod. 

2. No playmates. As much as I want D to have a baby brother or sister for his playmate, I am not yet ready. And neither I will allow him to play with our neighbor's kids, their too old for him and minsan with bad attitudes na din. A playschool? I am now considering gymboree or kindermusik. I just really wish we have one near, because the nearest to us is one 1 1/2 hours travel. 

3. Words that he hear at home. We are no perfect family at home, we also burst with our words. And even our procrastinations like "mamaya na!" ay napipik-up niya. So we are now sanitizing our mouths. 

4. Over exposure to TVs, cartoons and gadgets. And studies shows that exposure to these gadgets shortens the attention span of the kids. Sighs, I so guilty about this. So now, we are implementing a no gadget to D at home, even limiting his TV to 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon. 

5. Being inconsistent in rules. When I am at home, D will eat dinner sitting in the dinning table, when I am not at home, he eats while playing and running. When I am at home he's not allowed with junk foods, when I am not his granies "always" give-in to his requests. And this is the hardest part, hindi tlaga kayang tiisin ng mga lola ang pinakamamahal nilang apo. 

I am really in the experimental mode, iba naman talaga ang mga bata ngaun. But hopefully, I am doing it right. So I get inspired with this picture, 


Right? Right? All we need is love and lots of prayers. And and everything will be okay.

1 comment:

  1. OMG nga! Pati ako nanlaki ang mata!! Hahaha. itatapon daw sa apoy, natakot ako. hahaha! Tama ang observation mo, malamang sa mga naririnig nya yan. Hopefully ma re route mo si Baby D. Goodluck =)

    ReplyDelete