Wednesday 28 January 2015

On Traveling and being Scared


Today marks my first travel (because of work) by plane for this year. This is not my first time, but this is the first time I felt so much scared riding an airplane. Like I wanna back-out, like I almost asked my superior to go instead and I almost prayed so hard na sana macancel and training.

Being a training offcer of my company took me to a lot of places in the Philippines, I enjoyed it and travelled to most cities I dreamt of week after week. But today is different, I am looking for the same excitement I usually feel every time I start packing my things, but its nowhere to be find. 

Yes, I arrived too early for my flight at the airport, but its because papa needs to drop me early to avoid traffic. But why am I so scared?

Is it because this is my first time to the place I am headed to? I should be more excited. 
Is it because the plane will be small? I think a bit. 
Is it because I will be doing two trainings simultaneously? Laziness. But I did three before. 

Okay, maybe its because I am now afraid of leaving D behind, afraid of the crashing airplanes, afraid of not be able to go back and hug R and D. I have my insurances placed, but hey I have so many plans and so young. OA I know, but is it bad to be scared? Doest it make me less of a person? Oh well someone tell me what I feel is normal. 

Afraid and scared

G, 

P.S. As of the posting time, I arrived safe and complete here in Naga. I typed the draft while waiting at the airport. I am here, it is a beautiful city and I can't wait to explore it. 

4 comments:

  1. Goodluck with your trip to Naga! Don't worry, God will be with you so don't be scared! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis! Yes, He's always with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're blessed to have a job that allows you to travel. Keep safe and enjoy Naga! :)

    ReplyDelete