Friday 30 January 2015

January 30, 2015 National Day of Mourning

I promised that this blog will be a venue for positive thoughts only, but I can't get over with the news of 40+ SAF members who died because of the "mis-encounter". My deepest symphathy and prayers to the family left behind by these brave heroes. My heart goes to the wives as well as their children thatwill not  be able to hug and kiss their fathers anymore. 


Papa was also a soldier, then he became an aide of a politician and now a full-time Lolo. I can imagine the fear that mama and inang experienced during those times he was sent to camps and battles. I can remember their usual story that goes like "nung pinapanganak na ng mama mo, nasa edsa (edsa revolution) ang papa mo, hindi ko malaman anu ipagdadasal ko". Amidst that, we are lucky that we are a complete family now. D and our future kids will be able to play with papa. 

I am writng this because I also feel the rage that netizens are expressing. I am out of town, so I just rely on the written news online, and reading the articles and scanning the pictures made me cry. And made  me ask if may pag-asa pa ba talaga ang Philippine government? And i get much more dissapointed upon learning that our president did not even attended the arrival of the fallen heroes, very depressing. 

My depression turned into much anger, upon hearing that they solicit donations for the families left behind by the fallen policemen.  Seriously? Our government spent millions to hide the street dwellers during Pope's visit, and now they can't spend for the familes of  men who died fighting for our country? Where do our taxes go? 

Now I can't explain what I feel. 

Let us just pray that justice will be given, and the issue will not be forgotten like the Maguindanao massacre and others. And much prayers to the families left behind. 

G,   

1 comment: