Friday 5 April 2013

Learnings from a VegieMan

What I love most about my job is that I get to meet a lot of people. People from different walks of life, so I wore a lot of hats as well. I love to listen, I love to learn from their past experiences.  Those conversations inspires me to do well in my job, to achieve more. Today, I met  a colleague, we came from the same university (meeting him made me miss my alma mater) He is a vegitarian. He is a seasoned banker. He loves his family so much. He inspires me. So I wanna share (take note) the life lessons he shared during lunch.

1. Prioritize your Family - after college he worked hard, achived a lot. But upon reaching 50's he opt for early an retirement. He wanted to spend more time with his children. He was guilty that almost all his life was spent working. So true, time flies so fast, we cannot bring back time, that all we can do is to make the most out of it. As much as we can, play and enjoy with our kids. I know! balancing career and family is hard. I'm still figuring out how to do it. 

2. Happiness and Success depends on you - Being happy and successul is very subjective. It depends on your own definition. You cannot compare your own happiness and sucess with others. You need to learn to live simple, and enjoy simple things. We are often blinded by material happiness; money and wealth, but are we really happy if we have them? 

3. You are stressed because you want to be - Agree? Yes. Most of the top executives/officers struggle because they want it. Oh yes we all complain, but they choose to be in that position, they strive hard to get the top position and they need to accept that top positions entails more responsibilities So we have to live with stress, it makes the game more challenging. I will never complain about stress at work. (Stress sa asawa nalang!)

4. Less Food = More Energy - It's all in the mind. Our mind controls the balance of nature. I love this! I know! I have been strugling to go on a diet balanced diet. I always fail! ggrrr!!! Mr. VegieMan inspires me to try it again. Now with a full determination in mind. Less food intake, more energy that goes to the brain to function more. I just need to find a video on how chicken/pig are processed. So goodluck to me!

Laters!


No comments:

Post a Comment